Monday, December 25, 2017

Review: The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor


About the BookIn 1986, Eddie and his friends are just kids on the verge of adolescence. They spend their days biking around their sleepy English village and looking for any taste of excitement they can get. The chalk men are their secret code: little chalk stick figures they leave for one another as messages only they can understand. But then a mysterious chalk man leads them right to a dismembered body, and nothing is ever the same.

My Thoughts: Ever since I first read the synopsis for this book, I knew it would peak my interest. It's a thriller, mystery somewhat horror novel. It starts off with someone finding a dismembered body in the woods. The body is of a girl and she is missing her head. This book also takes place in two different times. 1986 and 2016. So the story is being told 30 years apart. It is also set in England because the slang words and town names suggest so and I watch a lot of British YouTubers to pick up on the slang. It is also a complete mind fuck because one minute some one will be standing there and then in a split second, there face and leg is being ripped apart right in front of you... kind of like Final Destination. Also, I will never draw stick figures the same way again because I will think of this book.

About The AuthorC. J. TUDOR lives in Nottingham, England, with her partner and three-year-old daughter. Over the years she has worked as a copywriter, television presenter, voice-over, and dog walker. She is now thrilled to be able to write full-time, and doesn’t miss chasing wet dogs through muddy fields all that much. The Chalk Man is her first novel.


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...