Saturday, December 23, 2017

Review: An Enchantment Of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

I have been sick the past week and it took me way longer than I wanted to read this book. I have been wanting to read this book for the past few months ever since I got it in the mail. It was a great fantasy book. It does have some mixed reviews with people hating and loving it. I am in the liked it column. I loved the story but I absolutely hate the characters.

This story takes place in a land called Whimsy and we follow a girl named Isobel who is an artist. That is her craft. The land of Whimsy is divided by humans an fair folk. The fair folk are the dominant members of this world and they have glamour to project themselves as perfect humans when in reality they aren't.

Isobel has to paint a portrait of the autumn prince and she adds a feature that is not very well liked among the fair folk and he basically kidnaps her to take her to trial for her punishment. Along the way, they get caught by magical beasts and they find out some things and they eventually head to the spring court and that's where everything changes.

They end up falling in love which is breaking the Good Law and the king gets involved. There were some things that I didn't really enjoy about this book. I could not imagine the characters at all. They were so confusing and bland. I hated how Isobel was a flip flopper on her decisions. At the end of each chapter it seemed, she would be telling herself that she couldn't get involved with Rook and then the next chapter, she would be wondering why he was being distant and angry with her and how she just wanted to be around him.

I believe people who hate this book and have so many problems with it are just not truly imagining the story but looking for certain aspects to hate. I ended up rating this book a 4 out of 5 stars because the story was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...