Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Sirens by Joseph Knox


About the BookThe breathtakingly propulsive and stunningly assured debut thriller, perfect for readers of Tana French, Don Winslow and Dennis Lehane

The mission is suicide.
 
Infiltrating the inner circle of enigmatic criminal Zain Carver is dangerous enough. Pulling it off while also rescuing Isabelle Rossiter, a runaway politician’s daughter, from Zain’s influence? Impossible. That’s why Aidan Waits is the perfect man for the job. Disgraced, emotionally damaged, and despised by his superiors. In other words, completely expendable. 

My Thoughts: The first thing I noticed right when I started reading is that you have to focus completely and read between the lines because it will get confusing. The characters are just thrown at you and attitudes towards the main character is expected to be known and you get his background thrown in here and there and the whole time, it references his background and that it is coming back to haunt him, but we didn't really get to the point until halfway through the book. 

It is really intense in some parts but I had trouble staying focused. The writing style is not for me. I like short chapters, but he had some chapters that were a single page. In the second part, chapter 17 is one page and then turn the page and chapter 18 is picking up right where the author stopped in chapter 17, like he didn't want to start an extra paragraph

About the Author JOSEPH KNOX was born and raised in and around Stoke and Manchester, where he worked in bars and bookshops before moving to London. He runs, writes, and reads compulsively. The Smiling Man is the follow-up to his acclaimed and bestselling debut, Sirens.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

**ATTENTION**
Blogging For Books is now closed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...