Tuesday, April 3, 2018

School Week 31 Photo Diary

I am way behind on this school posts and I did try to get caught up last week during our spring break, but it seems like I really want to be productive this week while I am busy and get it done. So weird. So here I am on April 3rd and typing this while listening to Dear Evan Hansen. This was a Netflix filled week.

Monday 3/12: We had a late start to the morning. We started at 10:50am. They did their morning work and chores. We spent the majority of the school day watching a Netflix documentary called The Snow Wolf Family and Me. We love wolves in this family and this was very enjoyable to watch.



We ended our day with beginning the book A bear Called Paddington. The girls love the movie and we decided to read the book and get hyped up for the second movie coming out soon.

Tuesday: No Pictures. We had another full Netflix day. They wanted to continue learning about wolves, and there was a documentary called Great Yellowstone Thaw and I had read a book about Yellowstone and wolves last year, so we watched that. it was 3 episodes long, and after every episode, we discussed what we watched and then they wrote a little bit about what they liked from the episode. Sammy and Airy finished the day with reading time and Addy did some Easy Peasy lessons.

Wednesday: We had a semi early day. We watched another Netflix documentary, this time on Elephants. They played candy land and Addy won. She was thrilled. After, I had Ariana work on her spelling worksheets. Sammy had reading time. Addy did Easy Peasy lessons to finish her day. Sammy and Airy switched what they were doing to finish their day.


Thursday: We didn't watch any Netflix today. Addy started her Easy Peasy lessons after morning work and then she did this x book craft. Samantha worked on her Reading Eggs spelling sheets and Ariana did workbook pages. Then they read together while Addy was still working on her craft. We ended the day with reading chapter 3 and 4 of A Bear Called Paddington.


Friday: We and another semi early morning. After morning work and chores, we finished reading A Bear Called Paddington and then we watched the movie. The movie is very different from the book and the girls didn't like the differences but they enjoyed both. We then did a little virtual field trip on the Discovery website and it was the Animals of North America. Addy then worked on some color by number worksheets and she did ok. I had to help her with the last one because she got frustrated with all the small shapes. Ariana and Samantha finished their day with reading together and I read with them.



I am beyond ready for summer. I am not ready for Ariana's cooking sessions this month and I will be doing separate blog posts on them like Samantha's last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...