I know this is a month behind, but I will be catching up soon. The week after this school week was our Spring Break, and if you want to see what we did during our break, you can go to my youtube channel. The first two days of the week I didn't take any pictures. We were sick as dogs from the pollen and our allergies were just not co-operating. One thing I hate about living in the woods, is all the damn pollen.
Monday 3/19: No Pictures. We started the day at 9:30am. They did their morning work and then we watched a tiger documentary. After, Addy worked on Easy Peasy lessons. Sammy did phonics worksheets and then ended her day with reading time. Ariana did reading time and then she ended her day with reading Eggs spelling worksheets.
Tuesday: No Pictures. This day was our worst sick day. We couldn't breath without trying to hack up a lung and our noses were running wild. I had them start the day with coloring and free write. During this time, I was trying to stop coughing and taking medicine. After they got done with coloring and writing, I had them snuggle in my bed with some books and we all read together or attempted to focus on words. Then we started reading a new book, The Little Prince. We had seen a preview for the movie on Netflix and the girls wanted to watch it and I had been wanting to read the book, so I figured it would be a good read aloud. They love it. We read chapters 1-10. We finished the day with watching a Netflix documentary on Earth's Natural Wonders. We discussed in great length afterwards about everything and the girls now have the travel bug where they want to explore the world like me.
Wednesday: Today was a late start day. I was still feeling bad, but the girls started feeling a little better. After morning work, I let them watch some YouTube videos on the seasons, continents and spring facts since it was the first day of Spring. After, I printed some spring coloring pages for Addy and Sammy did Easy Peasy while Ariana read to herself. When Addy got done coloring, she watched some Little Einsteins while Sammy read to herself and Ariana did Easy Peasy.
Thursday: Today was our latest start for the week. I was getting some much needed sleep and I actually feel better. After morning work, we watched some more of Earth's Natural Wonders and after we discussed and they drew their favorite parts from the episodes we watched.
We read more of The Little Prince. Then we finished our day with watching episode 5 of John Adams on Amazon.
Friday:We finished reading The Little Prince today and then we watched the movie on Netflix and it was the cutest thing. It doesn't follow the book I think it was beautifully made and it made me cry. i won't spoil it, but have some tissues handy. After the movie, I had Ariana and Sammy read on their own and Addy worked on Easy Peasy lessons and then she ended her day with number flashcards.
This was a busy and hectic week and we were definitely looking for Spring Break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...








No comments:
Post a Comment