Saturday, April 28, 2018

School Week 33 Photo Diary

It's the end of April and I have failed with these weekly blog posts. I am thinking of not doing these posts next year, but I will continue to take pictures. I planned on having this up right when this school week was done, but it was our week back from Spring Break and I was exhausted.

Monday 4/2: We started our day at 9:15AM. Wasn't as early as I wanted but it was a decent start back. Sammy worked on Reading Eggs spelling worksheets while Ariana did Easy Peasy lessons. Addy watched the Leapfrog videos on Netflix as a sort of review after her week off.

Once Addy was done watching Leapfrog, she worked on her Easy Peasy lessons for an hour and a half. Then we started reading Peter Pan. We read the first two chapters. before i started reading it out loud, I told them that it would be very different from the Disney version.

To end our day, we watched episode 6 of John Adams on Amazon. Then we watched a Youtube video on organic gardens because we are wanting to do our own garden again this year.

Tuesday: No Pictures. We started our morning at 10AM. We spent a good 45 minutes doing our morning work and other things. We were moving kind of slow because yesterday we were busy all damn day. We watched a new documentary on Netflix about Wild Australia. On the last week of the school year, I am going to write down each continent and what animals live on that continent and they are going to chose their favorite one and during the summer, they are going to be doing their own little projects. When we got done watching Wild Australia, we read two more chapters of Peter Pan and finished the day with watching episode 7 of John Adams.

Wednesday: We had a late start to the day. We started at 11:15. We did our morning work and then we finished watching the last two episodes of Wild Australia. After, we worked some more on history, specifically about the government and the three branches and democracy. I had Addy watch Little Einsteins because she wouldn't understand the government part. When we spent a good amount of time on that, I had Sammy and Ariana do reading time. Addy finished her day with Easy Peasy. She is almost done with her 1st part of Easy Peasy.

Thursday: Morning work and then another Netflix documentary. This one was called Food: Delicious Science and if was really fascinating and I actually learned a couple things from it. After we watched two episodes of that, Addy did her leapfrog tablet while Ariana did reading time with Samantha. Addy worked on her tablet for 30 minutes before she did more Easy Peasy lessons.
When Addy was done with her Easy Peasy and the girls were done reading, we went and read another chapter of Peter Pan. Sammy and Ariana finished their day with a free write after.

Friday: We watched the last episode of the food science documentary this morning and I want more of that show. It was really good and I highly recommend it. Addy did three more Easy Peasy lessons and made a zebra. While she was doing that, Ariana and Samantha worked on Reading Eggs spelling worksheets.

We finished our day with reading chapters 6 and 7 of Peter Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...