Thursday, January 16, 2020
Review: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
I knew there was a good reason that I waited so long to read this and now I am a broken mess who has been thinking about this non stop since I finished it before 8am on Monday morning. The beginning has me teary eyed and then it made me so fucking angry, the end was headache inducing and had me crying like a baby and I have not had an ugly cry since the first episode of season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale.
This is also the third World War 2 fiction novel that I have read in less than a month and my emotions are shot. I need happy books for a good month or two or five. Who the hell knows. Anyways, this is the first Kristin Hannah book that I have ever read.
It is set in two time periods and we follow these two sisters who are living in occupied France. The oldest, Vianne, her husband has been shipped to the front and has a Nazi billeted in her house. The younger sister has abandonment issues and just wants to be loved. She wants to fight in the war and do her part. She joins the French Resistance of women.
The women are so overlooked in the history books and it is sad that they are not mentioned because they helped win the war. It wasn't just the men. I will be reading Kristin Hannah's other book set during WW2 in Leningrad.
I give this a 5 star rating but I hate it for making me have all the feels. *JK*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment