Thursday, January 2, 2020

Review: Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye *spoilers*



The first book I have finished for 2020. I wanted to finish it on New Years Eve, but I ran out of time, and I didn't want to fly through it. I really enjoyed this one. I had it on my list of anticipated reads last year after I saw it on someone's Fairy Loot unboxing and it had lavender sprayed edges. It is an Asian inspired magical fantasy. The sequel comes out this year and I do not know if it is a trilogy or if it will be a duology.

We follow this girl named Sora, but her soldier name is Spirit. She is part of an elite group called the taigas who protect Empress Aki and the kingdom of Kichona. She is a Level 12 apprentice and close to graduating and her partner or her "gemina" is her friend Wolf, who was raised by wolves in the wild.

To get taiga powers, they have to be blessed as babies by the moon goddess Luna who gives them whorls on their bodies that marks them. As Sora and Wolf get their first mission, they complete it and head to Sora's family home to celebrate the Autumn Harvest. On the way to spend the rest of their break in the woods, where Wolf was found, they come across something startling and they see the one person who everyone in the Kingdom believes to be dead.

I was enthralled with this book and I could put it down but I found myself picking it right back up after 5-10 minutes. It is a quick read, but I would recommend to pace yourself because if you read through it too quickly, you will miss some things.

I can not wait for the sequel Cloak of Night to be released next month, and I hope that Fairy Loot will release a special edition.. PLEASE FAIRY LOOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...