Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Review: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare *SPOILERS*


After having this book on my TBR since I finished reading Clockwork Prince and then not getting to it for months, I am proud to say that I finished it in a week and I enjoyed most of it. It was still childish and immature but some of the characters are finally growing up. Clary was still an absolute nightmare and I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head, I was rolling them so hard. Especially when she yelled at her mom that she was ruining her life by not letting her go look for Jace. LIKE FOR REAL!!! And also, the timeline from when all of this stated to the events in this book was 10 months. Clary met Jace 10 months ago and she head over heels puppy love in love with him.

I could have done without the Maia and Jordan relationship because it honestly did nothing for the story. Reading about the little rouge vampire Maureen and her killing Camille, my jaw freaking dropped. I wasn't as annoyed with Simon this time around because his character growth along with Isabelle. Magnus and Alec broke my freaking heart. I absolutely love Magnus and to see him hurt by Alec made me want to kick some ass.

Now I can finally read Clockwork Princess and get back to Jem Carstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...