Thursday, February 13, 2020

Review: let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann


This was the book pick for the Dragons and Tea book club over on GoodReads and this is the second book I am reading with that book club ever. I did not know how this read was going to go. I knew I would fly through it in a day or two but stuck with the reading schedule that the Mods came up with and it kept me engaged in this story. I connected with these characters and it may be on this year's favorites list but I did rate it a 4 out of 5 stars.

We follow a girl named Alice and she has just been dumped by her girlfriend for not wanting to have enough sex. Alice is asexual and she does not know how to live without being judged for it. She works in a library and one day she sees this guy and he his drop dead gorgeous on her cutie code. He breaks the cutie code and it turns out that he is a new employee and she has the job of "training".

This book is filled with amazing rep for asexuals. But there is also a lot of toxic relationships and bullying and sexual harassment and racism. I connected with this book because the male character Takumi had twin nieces in the NICU and he was also cheated on by his ex fiance. While reading about the cheating, Alice told Takumi that he fiance did that while not thinking about him or caring enough and that hit me so hard because I have been cheated on by my husband and it definitely brought up bad memories and anger, and resentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...