Tuesday, February 11, 2020

REVIEW: Samantha Spinner and the Spectacular Specs by Russel Ginns


Back in March of last year, I read the first book in this series Samantha Spinner and the Super Secret Plans for a blog tour spot. I was also given the second book and I have finally gotten around to it and it was slightly better than the first. It was still coooky and whimsical. It had a bunch of non-sense that a kid would love but an adult would find annoying. Reading this as an adult, I was not immersed in the crazy transportation or the villian clowns who had smell issues. The only thing I did enjoy was the facts about some of the places and landmarks that the author included in the story. I did not know anything about the Mosque of D'jenne, and I thought the ostrich eggs on top of the towers were made up, but it is actually real.

I am reading this with my oldest daughter, Samantha and she is loving it. So it is definitely for kids in the age range recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...