Sunday, April 19, 2020

Review: Legendary by Stephanie Garber


The sequel to Caraval by Stephanie Garber and I was not that impressed. Caraval was 4 star read for me. I enjoyed game and the tension throughout and Scarlett and Julian's romance was the thing I liked the most. However, I did not like Tella's character and when I found out that this book was from her point of view, I held off reading it. Maybe a little too long because when I picked it up, I really had to rack my brain to remember what had happened and who was who in Caraval.

Legendary takes place days after the previous Caraval ends which is rare because it usually takes place years apart. The time, Caraval will be taking place on Valenda where the Empress of the Meridian Empire lives. Tella is harboring a huge secret from Scarlett and is going into the game as a player this time. Her secret is so huge that it will probably change the relationship between the sisters. Tella wants to find her dead mother because a playing card that she stole from her mother when she was little can tell the future.

She also starts to fall in love with one of the Caraval performers named Dante. He is covered in tattoos and he is so mysterious. He also tells a little white lie that ends up biting him in the ass.

I have now fallen for this ship of Tella and Dante. I want to see drawings and pictures and read fan fiction about these two characters. I still don't like Tella because she is an impulsive and selfish character but with Dante, I can handle her. That doesn't make any sense but that's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...