Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Review: Educating Alice by Alice Steinbach
I definitely read this at the right time where the world has gone to shit. With a ban on traveling due to the pandemic, I was taken a journey all over the world. Alice took me to Paris where she took a cooking course at the Ritz. She learned the art of Japanese dancing and how easily you can get lost in Kyoto.
She also gave a history lesson on a flood that almost damaged a priceless painting in a Italian church. Each chapter was based on an experience she had in a different location. Some of the chapters I didn't care for was the Jane Austen and the sheep dog training.
I ended up giving this book a 3 out of 5 stars because although I enjoyed the locations and descriptions of what she was doing, they ended up be a total drag and too long. I also noticed that in every chapter that when she met someone and they asked her what she was doing, she would go into this story about why she was there. It was too much of an info dump and I was skimming.
I do want to read her first book No Reservations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment