Sunday, April 12, 2020

Review: The Son Of Neptune by Rick Riordan


Last year I started The Heros of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I had read the Percy Jackson series and though it was good. I loved the ending because Percy was growing up and was less childish and juvenile.

The first book in this series follows a new hero named Jason Grace. He has lost his memories and has to figure out a way to get them back. He ends up at Camp Half Blood, the home for Greek Demigods and Percy Jackson.

This second one we follow Percy's journey to the Roman demigod camp and the home of Jason Grace. Percy makes some new friends who are Hazel and Frank. They have to travel to Alaska to free Death so he can keep the dead Dead!

At first I was confused and disoriented with the characters. I found myself still being annoyed with the Roman names of Greek gods. I know the Greek names better. I also found that the cover once again gave away to much of the story. I now have some new ships.

Tyson the Cyclops and Ella the Harpy
Frank and Hazel

There is also a new Luke 2.0 who has the roman name Octavian and likes to slaughter teddy bears and give shit readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...