Friday, April 24, 2020

Review: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows


If you are looking for a read that is funny and you need a good laugh in these awful times, then this is the perfect book. It is a re-imagining of Lady Jane Grey. She was a nine day queen who was dethroned and beheaded because her father was a slime.

In this book she lives because the authors can make any character live or die. We have three different POV's throughout the book and the story flows beautifully. We have the POV from Jane, her husband Gifford and her cousin who is the king, Edward.

The authors added a magical element into the story where the country is divided where half of the people turn into animals and the other half do not have this power and are against the Edians and want them exterminated.

There were also so many laughs and this was the first time I ever tabbed a book and now when I need a laugh, I can pick this book up and read all of the funny parts and if I need a swoon, I can go to the few that are sporadically inserted throughout. Jane and Gifford are just too freaking cute together and I ship them.

I just love the use of the word darling and the *SPOILER* second wedding between Jane and G and the VIRTUE bit. Keep it in your pants G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...