I finally picked up this book that I have been staring at all year. I admit that I hyped up this book and was a little hesitant to pick it up because I didn't want to be disappointed but I think this is the first time that I have been really into giving a book a half star rating. I don't think this a 5 star book but it is definitely a 4.5 star book.
When I started reading this I was in the middle of reading The Lighthouse and they both had characters with a name that started with a A. I had to put this book aside because I wanted to give all my attention to it and plus The Lighthouse was about to expire. But during the first section that I read, I had to research the Magonia legend. I didn't look much into it because I didn't want to confuse anything.
We follow a girl named Aza and she has a terminal breathing problem. She has had this breathing issue since she was a toddler and no one can figure out what is wrong with her. One day she faints and has the worst breathing day, she also hallucinates a ship in the sky or does she. She gets an MRI and they find something that is not supposed to be there and it puzzles everyone.
Her best friend Jason is obsessed with facts and knowing things. He immediately starts researching ships in sky before Aza faints. He then learns the legend of the world of Magonia and how it goes back into the early civilizations. The the real fun begins when they think and see that she ********.
When she meets the new people who I am not going to name because I don't want to spoil this book, when she meets them I had this bad vibe straight away. The little birds in the chest thing creeped me out. When she met the falcon, I wanted to cry because the type of cage I pictured, I just saw the falcon bunched into it and it screaming kill me, made me want to cry.
I will be picking up the sequel Aerie maybe next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment