Sunday, July 31, 2022

Goodbye July// Sunday Post #36

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

This past week was a good one. I got a lot done and I only had to watch the toddlers for 3 days instead of 4. They got registered for school and the three year old is excited. The four year old not so much. I have a feeling that he is going to be crying everymorning at school for a while because he does it when he is dropped off. It's weird how worried I am about him and I am definitely going to miss these little hell beasts. 

I planned out our 180 days of the upcoming school year. We start in two weeks and our last day will be May 12, 2023. I am looking forward to this school year, but I am nervous because I will be doing high school prep with my oldest who is in 8th grade this year. 

I started reading a book that I have been meaning to get to for a year and a half. It is a sequel to a book that I loved last year called Theodora: Actress, Empress, Whore by Stella Duffy. It is fictional story about the Empress Theodora of Constantinople. The sequel The Purple Shroud has been staring at me from my shelf and I decided to finally pick it up and I CANNOT  put it down. I have become obsessed with Ancient Civilizations again and I want to read all of the books that are re-tellings or non fiction. So if you are interested in Ancient Civilizations particularly Roman or Byzantine, then I highly recommend this duology.

The only pictures I took this week are of the toddlers and I obviously am not sharing that or their names due to privacy and respect for their parents. 



Monday: #5onmytbr





#5onmytbr

Top Ten Tuesday

WWW Wednesday

Scarecrow Has A Gun Blog tour


I got a pretty big haul this week. Most of the books were sent from publishers for upcoming blog tours and then I bought two. I bought Dragonfly in Amber which is book 2 in the Outlander series. My love for Scotland has been rejuvenated thanks to this book and my dreams of running away to Scotland have resurfaced....lol. I also bought Secrecy World from Dollar Tree. It is a nonfiction about the Panama Papers which I know next to nothing about, except that it was a huge ass leak of almost 3 TB of data and there is a Meryl Streep movie about it. 



I didn't watch that much TV this week because I was getting Sh*t done, but I had to take some breaks. Obviously Ghost Adventures is my go to for the toddlers nap time. I finished the latest season that is on Discovery+ and finally watched the Cecil Hotel investigation. It made me really sad.


I finished Season 1 of Outlander the day I didn't have the toddlers and my kids were sleeping in and my hubby was at work, so peace and quiet. I miss it. I can't wait to read Dragonfly in Amber next month and get to season 2. 



I also watched a movie yesterday that is an adaptation of a nonfiction that I read back in 2019 and didn't get the time to watch it on streaming, so I had to utilize my hoopla account and I got to watch it that way. 


I know there was an indie film made about the Bling Ring kids that I think has Austin Butler in it that I want to watch to see if it is better. 


10 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful I never had a crying every morning kid. That would have been so difficult! I'm in the middle of homeschool prep as well. We're starting Monday to give us lots of time to get our 180 days in and for the first time in the last couple of years I'm so excited! I've revamped everything we usually use and I have high hopes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the children and school. Lots of work plus reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize/remember that you homeschool. I just finished our homeschooling journey in May, I graduated my son a year early and my daughter graduated 2 years ago. It hasn't completely hit us that we are finished, but it will in a few weeks when we don't start school. I have not missed having to plan for the school year! I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeschooling seems like it would be so very difficult. I remember briefly considering it when my kids were elementary age and I felt they weren't challenged enough - but, with the personalities involved, I didn't think I'd be a good teacher for them. It worked out ok. Great book haul this week! Looks like some good reading in your future. :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    here's me: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-9

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good to know- I LOVE ancient civilizations and was even one of those weird people in college who looked FORWARD to my Ancient Civ class and actually read ahead. lol

    Dragonfly in Amber is such a cool title for a book, and even though I haven't read them I have a thing for scotland too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secrecy World sounds like an interesting read.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the scoop on the Stella Duffy --those books sound very interesting. I hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the planning sounds like a great accomplishment. Good job planning your upcoming school year!
    That's so great when you find a book that you can't book down. Agreed - absolutely love reading about Ancient civilizations. Just read a book on the history of women throughout society and the part on Rome was fascinating.
    Nice haul. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the school planning, and good luck to the kids! Hopefully the little ones will get used to school quickly and not cry too much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...