This book had me in a chokehold. I read it in 24 hours. I started it on the 20th and finished it on the 21st. I could not put this damn thing down. I wanted to shove all of the responsibilities I had like work, cleaning my house, cooking dinner for my teens and hubby to the back burner. I didn't do that but I got shit done quickly. This is my first Lucy Score book and I honestly can't wait to pick up the sequels. This was not even on my radar or June TBR but I just got in a military romance mood and I could no shake it. I am obsessed with military romances. This was ok, but it barely scratched that itch.
We follow this girl named Harper who has just left her cheating boyfriend/boss. She left without money, clothes and her phone. She pulls into this small town named Benevolence and she pulls into a bar parking lot. When she steps out of her car, she sees this girl getting assaulted by her boyfriend and Harper becomes superwoman and attacks the guy. She basically gets decked in the face and wakes up on the ground to this handsome dude standing over her. His name is Luke and he is the love interest OBVIOUSLY!!!!
Luke is in the national guard and he will be getting deployed soon in 6 months and his family is trying to set him up with a nice girl. Luke and Harper strike up an arrangement to fake date until his deployment. She moves into his nice ass house which I am jealous. She starts working at his construction company. Things start moving fast and they become an item but Luke tries to keep her at arms length because of tragic things in his past.
Trust me, this bok has plot and is more than just smut. I can't continue because I will spoil everything and I am wanting people to read this and come swoon and giggle and kick my feet with yall. I am going to be picking up the second book either this month or next month. The second book follows Gloria, the girl who was getting assaulted in the parking lot and Luke's best friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment