Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Review: Lord of the Flies by William Golding


 

I had to read this in high school and I don't think I finished it. I remember not liking it and I stand by my dislike because my God was this awful! I genuinely want to know how books become classics. I was annoyed and fed up with this stupid little boys.

I had forgotten much of what I read from highschool and only remembered the pig head, and the island. I think I read this in 10th grade because our teacher let us watch the movie and it also was garbage. 

This takes place during world war two and this group of boy become stranded on an island. First plot hole is why were these boys on a plane in the first place and where the hell were they going. The questions are never answered.

Ralph becomes the leader and there is this one boy Piggy who becomes obsessed with him and this conch shell. This one boy Jack already has a group together and they are wearing choir robes and that quickly becomes moot because it is boiling hot on this island. Ralph is concerned with getting a fire going for smoke to be seen and Jack is obsessed with meat. He becomes a little monster and starts killing every pig he can find.

There are divisions and death among the boys. This was just one big fever dream that I think the author had and was like yep, let me put pen to paper and hope that this will be the greatest adventure ever.....NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...