Another Netgalley read off my shelf and a duology completed. I immediately picked this up after finishing Cold The Night, Fast The Wolves. I enjoyed it a lot and it made me cry because I fell in love with the wolf Iska. Everything bad that happened to her, I broke. I hated that she was in a cage. I cried like a baby when her "death scene" was being played out. I needed more of Sena and Iska.
I don't read book synopsis very much but I did read the first line where it mentioned Remy. I thought that we were still going to be following Sena's perspective, but no we were following Remy. I lost a little interest at the very beginning because Remy was an ok character to me. Going in to this book, I was hoping that we wouldn't have reptitive information thrown at us like we did in the first book and sure enough, in the first chapter and on the same page, Remy mentioned being engineered by the Nova company about 3-4 times. It continued to be mentioned throughout the book. If I had my own physical copy, I would have tabbed the hell out of it with every mention of being engineered.
Also the setting and plot of this book were recycled from the first one, except things were flipped. Instead of a freezing world, we got a hot as hell world where the characters sweat and there is a massive storm called the hellstorm that it exactly the same as the blizzards on Tundar.
Remy got on my nerves endlessly with the constant mentions of being engineered and only caring about Alora and how she was betrayed by Kiran, her ex partner and how he did her wrong and left her to die.
I ended up giving this a 3 out of 5 stars. The ending lft off where there could be a third book, but I don't know how I feel because the characters that I cared about, had few interactions. Sena had this big reveal and we didn't get any information. Iska apparently approved of Remy and the lead scavver instantly which put me into a tail spin because I want to know what Sena and Iska were doing instead of reading the same drama and being told the same damn thing over and over that we learned in book one.

No comments:
Post a Comment