I think I have found my favorite classic for this 4th year od my classic club challenge. I really enjoyed my time reading this, even though it took me a week and a half to get through it. It gave me the same feelings and vibes that I got while reading Stardust.
I never watched the movie growing up but I did grow up watching Robin Wright in Forrest Gump and Carey Elwes in Twister, Liar Liar and Saw. So I know that they are some amazing actors and can't wait to watch this movie this weekend.
I went for years not reading this because I thought I was not a fan of romance books, but if it is tied with adventure and some royalty, then sign me the hell up. A couple years ago I was watching a booktuber talk about this and she kept on about it being abridged and I was like great, now I need to find the original work.
Starting this book was confusing as hell and I almost skipped the introduction altogether because I didn't care about the author's thoughts. I stuck through it and it just made me even more confused about the original. I was also grossed out how the author acted towards the woman at the hotel pool and how he was attracted to her and her body. He was also very fat phobic towards his son and how his wife was babying him.
A good way through I realized that this book wasn't an abridged version of anything and it was part of the appeal. I laughed because I remembered that booktuber and how she felt about this book because she genuinely though there were important parts missing.
By the end of the book, I was starting to get bored and the Buttercup's Baby section was just not neccessary because most of the section was about Inigo and Fezzik.

No comments:
Post a Comment