Friday, November 8, 2024

Review: Much Ado About Nothing by William Shaskespeare

 

My third Shakespeare and it was decent. I enjoyed it more than Romeo and Juliet but Macbeth is still my favorite. My oldest daughter is reading this for her English class and I fortunately didn't have to read Shakespeare in high school, but to help her understand the content I am buddy reading it with her.

I love the no fear Shaekspeare editions because the original text and modern text is meshed together. I read this on ebook and I did not enjoy it. It had the entire the scenes in original text and then after it put the modern text. It was confusing and I was getting the characters mixed up and confused.

There is enemies to lovers, betrayal, shaming and blackmail and conspiracy themes in this. I am going to have to watch the movie which I just realized has Keanu Reeves and Micharl Keaton and Denzel Washington.... I need to watch this. I may have to have a Shakespeare adaptation weekend because I still haven't watched an adaptation of Macbeth and I watched only a little bit of the Leonardo Dicaprio Romeo and Juliet.

There were some scenes that were exactly like Romeo and Juliet which the fake death scene. Also everytime I read Benedick's lines, I thought of Bendict from Bridgerton which is completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...