Friday, November 7, 2014

Kindergarten: Week 13

On Monday, I started our week of candy science experiments. They got a bunch of candy from trick or treating and thought it would be a good way to use it instead of letting it sit for a year. So, today we did a pixie stick experiment. I get these emails from Gift of Curiosity and she did a candy experiment with her kids and decided to use Halloween candy for school purposes. Samantha loved it and wanted to do another right after.
my child is so gorgeous!!!



starting to write her addition facts by herself.

we had this bag of pixie sticks from before Halloween and it we used a couple to go along with what the girls got from trick or treating.

testing the temperature of the water to see if they are the same and they were

added the pixie stick sugar to a glass of water and that water got colder with the added sugar.

holding the "winner"

yes, I let her drink it, after I diluted it with more water.

On Tuesday, we started school way early because I actually woke up before 10am. I know, I am not a morning person, but I am trying to get back into the habit of getting up early. It's a slow process. We started school around 10:30. We did the basics: notebook, calendar, writing words and working on math and some phonics.




we made a jack in the box, but I secretly kept calling him Charlie. :) I love the misfit toys. I seriously want to find myself a spotted elephant.
hey, don't judge, it's almost Christmas time.



The science experiment we did on Tuesday was the gummy worm. It was kind of boring because we had to sit around and wait for the work to expand, after it sit in water. I didn't let it go to long so I ended up turning it into a taste test and I wish I didn't. That gummy worm tasted AWFUL!



On Wednesday, we had to get up early to go grocery shopping. So, I started her school when she was helping me put everything in it's right spot, and getting her to clean her room up and help put away clothes first to get all that stuff out the way.

helping put away the clean dishes.

playing with dominoes, and counting the dots.

We had a good math day. She is also starting on some phonics and she is slowly getting the hang of that. We skipped counted by 2's today and she messed up a couple times, but that's expected. 
skip counting by 2's


she had to count to whatever number that popped up above the monkey and if she got it right, she got a firework.

The thing that I was most excited about today was the science experiment. We did an m&m experiment today. We just put a bunch of M&M's in water with the letter right side up and when the color started dissolving in the water, the letter would pop of and float to the top. It was going great at first, until Cayce decided to swish around the water and ruin the whole thing. Needless to say, I cussed him out and Sammy wasn't happy and called him a bully.


the colors starting to seperate from the chocolate.

a couple of the m's survived Cayce's wrath of swirling.

On Thursday, I have taken a bunch of pictures. I have been writing this post throughout the week to make sure I write about everything that we have been doing. So, with that being said, this might be my longest blog post on her Kindergarten and the most pictures. We started around normal time, which is between 11:30-12:30. I am not a morning person and I have to wake up to be able to focus on anything. I am a serious grouch in the morning and there is no functioning for me.

Sammy did school with Ariana. They listened to music, I read aloud to them and they did Ariana's science lesson together. We whistled really loud and I have a headache while writing. Todays candy experiment was DISAPPOINTING. I will not be doing that one again. It didn't turn into a rainbow.








She had to count out 20 pieces of silverware and we have a buttload of forks from when Cayce worked at the little pizza shop, that was no problem.


and she did great on doing math problems. she is learning how to use her fingers to figure out the problems. 

We ended the day by painting. She found a book that she got last year for Christmas, and wanted to use it, and I figured, why not?


On Friday, we had a stretched out day. I wasn't feeling well, so Cayce decided to take her to the park for a good hour and a half and we basically made a fun day.
counting out 20 coins

doing her math problems, counting on her fingers

more painting





playing and exercising with daddy

Her science experiment was with peeps today. We put a peep on a plate and microwaved it for 30 seconds and Sammy guessed if it was going to expand or shrink. She was excited to watch it basically ALMOST blow up in our microwave.
yep, Christmas peeps already on the shelves. I put a another peep on the plate to compare sizes, and then we feasted on peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...