Saturday, February 17, 2018
Review: 10 Reasons Not To Fall In Love
I bought this book a couple years ago after I found it on Amazon being sold for a penny. I read the synopsis and figured that I could save it for when I needed something to cheer me up. I planned to read it right when I got it, but that didn't happen. I have been staring at it on my shelf and then I finally decided to read it this month for Valentine's Day. I had completely forgotten what it was about.
As I started reading it and the dialogue, I learned that this was set in England and realized that if I read this when I first got it, I would not know what in the hell this characters would be talking about and their jokes. I thank the British YouTubers that I have been watching for learning their slang and lingo.
I read this book in two days. I could not put it down. It is so cute and fluffy mixed with some dark times. It is about Jo, a single mom to a two year old son named Alfie. She is still learning how to move on with her life and be the best mom that she can be. Alfie's dad walked out on them on the night of his first birthday and he is turning 2 and she has finally decided to go back to work as a news reporter. That sold me right there and I connected with the character on this fact because that was my dream job growing up.
One day, they meet a man called Dan. He is a balloon sculptor and Alfie is instantly smitten with "balloon man". We learn throughout the rest of the book that he lives on a boat and then there are parts in the book that are focused on his childhood and these are the dark parts. These parts of the book made me cry. I was so heartbroken for Dan and how he had all these issues going on and yet he just wanted Alfie and Jo in his life.
I loved this pairing and this author has hooked me with this book. I will be looking at her other books. I know that this is a stand alone novel, but I hope that one day she will write another book with these characters, maybe from a grown up Alfie.
The only thing I have against this book is that there wasn't an epilogue and that I wish there was more to this story. I need more of Dan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment