Thursday, February 8, 2018
Review: The Fame Game series by Lauren Conrad
I finally read this series after wanting to for so many years. I was a huge fan of Lauren Conrad and watched The Hills religiously during high school. I read her L.A. Candy series after I had Samantha. I wasn't a huge fan of the characters in that series and it was basically just The Hills "fan-fiction" per say. It gave an insight on how just how "real" reality shows are.
This series follows two characters from that series. The "main" character of this series is Madison Parker. She was the mean girl in L.A. Candy. She was the fame whore who was betrayed at the end of it because she was keeping her background and past private.
In this series, we are introduced to two new characters and we learn more about Madison's family and that home life. We see her get knocked down and hated, and then eventually loved again. She loses some of her hatred towards people and start to let others in. She is losing that ice block around her heart and actually making friends with her co-stars and caring about them and being there for their events. We also see her fall in love with some one her age who doesn't like being filmed and photographed as often as she does.
The one thing I have a problem with is that we get an epilogue for Madison's character and somewhat Carmen's character, but Lauren Conrad left open Kate's and Gabby's story lines for another potential series if she wanted to write more books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment