Saturday, February 10, 2018
Review: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I like to read 1 or 2 classics every year, and I am starting early this year with this one. I usually like to read classics in the summer because I don't feel to rushed to read because I am not as busy, and I usually like them. I thought this book was OK.
Growing up, I heard everyone rave about this book and how it was just fantastic and before reading it, the only thing I knew about the book was that the man's name was Jay Gatsby. He was rich and lived lavishly and had wild parties and he had a fear of swimming.
The things I did not know was that this is from the POV of his neighbor who doesn't really have a friendship with Gatsby but his standoffish to him either. Gatsby's past is being questioned and the people that come to his parties talk about him and make up rumors and spread them. We learn that he is still head over heels in love with a woman from 5 years ago. He is stuck on her and he tries to be nice to everyone he meets.
He has horrible anxiety issues and he doubts everything.. even himself when it comes to his relationship with Daisy. The thing that was never addressed was the fact that he was scared of swimming. Not once did it say he was scared of the water, just that he would never go in and would look at it with trepidation. But near the end, he tells his butler that he is going swimming.
I am going to watch the Robert Redford and Leonardo DiCaprio versions in a couple weeks because I want to think about what I read for a while, and then compare book to the movie and see if any parts become more simplified.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment