Monday, November 9, 2020

Review: 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi by Mitchell Zuckoff

 


A fast paces account of a true story. I did not know much about this event and don't even recall hearing or reading about it in 2012. I had a newborn, so I was giving all my attention to my kids and not the rest of the world.

During the 2016 election, I was hearing a lot of things about Hillary Clinton and Benghazi and had no freaking clue what it all meant. I still don't know the connection besides her being Secretary of State at the time and her being mentioned in this account.

This is a fast paced read from the G.R.S operatives that fought a 13 hour battle against Islamic terrorists when they attacked a Special Missions compound and murdered two Americans, one being the Ambassador to Libya. The other being a communications expert.

The CIA annex that was not even on the Libyan government radar until it was attacked also had two Americans killed. I watched the adaptation today with my husband and it was helped put names to faces and reading it was anxiety inducing, but watching what it must have been like, just made me angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...