Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Review: I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai


 I have finally gotten to another book on my A-Z reading challenge for the year. I think Samantha picked this one for me back in March or April before the Pandemic shut my library down and I put my reading challenge on hiatus. I am back in full swing, wait no that's a lie because out of all the books I still have to read, this is the only one that I have been able to cross of that list this month.

I flew through this. I think that is because it was very heart wrenching and interesting and also it is a young reader's edition. I think that if I would have gotten the very first book that she came out with, then I would have read it at a much slower pace and I think it would have included more graphic scenes and the events in her home town of Swat.

While reading this I thought very fondly of her father and consider him a saint. It's very rare in the West to see a Muslim man love his daughters and actually care about her brain and her opinions and not want to marry her off 10-13 years later. She was a normal girl who used her voice in a country where women are lower than the animals and learning of how the Taliban put Malala, a little girl on their hitlist shows how cowardly and savage these disgusting and demonic men are. 

I will make this part of Samantha and Ariana's school reading before the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...