When I first started this book, I had no idea who Hercule Poirot was. I had only heard the name a few times from watching videos of a favorite actor's interview who was in the BBC show and that the character was brought to "life" by Agatha Christie. While reading, I had to keep researching because I wanted to know the basics and I even watched YouTube videos on how to pronounce his name because I felt like a dummy not knowing how to pronounce it.
My Good Reads review says it all:
my "little grey cells" are in a hot freaking mess. I am confused and agitated to no end by the amount of back and forth and all around stories by Poirot. I wanted him to just get to the point and in my opinion, Catchpool is a shitty detective. He can't figure things out for himself and he whines about how he is supposed to be the leader of the investigation.
I cannot try to summarize this book, because I would definitely mess up and spoil the whole thing and I do not want to take away the confusion, annoyance, and general anger that comes with trying to learn "whodunit" from Hercule Poirot who likes to refer to himself in third person. I want to let you try to figure out the murderer in the first two chapters and then come to a different person halfway through, and then PLOT Twist at the very end.
I will be picking up the rest of this series and I will be watching the BBC show soon because I am "not obsessed" but almost addicted to the mind of Hercule Poirot.

No comments:
Post a Comment