A new favorite nonfiction has been added to my list. From the very beginning, I was laughing so hard. At first I had no idea what to expect and by the time I was done with the first chapter, I just wanted to put everything aside and just read and not stop. When I finished this book today I wanted to immediately re-read it. I just loved the humor, the sass, the big Italian family. The author's grandmother reminded me so much of my grandma Dooley.
Tara Clancy takes us on a journey through her life from living in a boat shed with her father every other weekend, to chilling with the old folks of 251st street and staying with her mom and her mom's rich boyfriend in the Hamptons on weekends. She goes on to tell us her routines as a child. How her dad was a NYPD cop. How she was a tomboy and defied every rule and was basically a problem child at school.
The parts with her grandmother was my absolute favorite and I could not stop laughing. She also regales us with the time her mother took her to West Hollywood to meet her lesbian friend who worked at a sex toy shop and how Tara got stuck in a sex mask and she thought she was dying.
I highly recommend this.

No comments:
Post a Comment