Friday, May 14, 2021

Review: Amulet #4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi *SPOILERS*

 

I found myself way more invested in this volume. I constantly had this on my mind since I finished the 3rd volume and that cliffhanger. I did not trust Max at the end and that feeling lasted throughout the whole of this one. I absolutely loved Cogsley's sarcasm and how he became an adoptive "mom" to a baby wyvern that hatched when he cracked the egg in the wyvern nest. The little baby wyvern is so freaking cute and he may be my new favorite and it definitely shoved Miskit into the number two spot. The back story of the stones and learning about the mother stone was amazing. Also the old council being controlled is very creepy. It wasn't a big surprise that the City of Cielis is being controlled and turned into stone by a certain someone who was seen as untrustworthy from the very beginning. 

The ending to this wasn't a cliffhanger but the artwork was freaking stunning and I loved the tribute to the fallen stonekeepers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...