Monday, May 17, 2021

Review: Stuffed by Liz Braswell

 

I would have never picked this book up on my own if it hadn't been for Rockstar Book Tours sending me the sequel. Reading the synopsis, I was intrigued and thought it would be a cute read. It definitely was and I listened to it on audiobook. I am going to be buying my own copy for my children to read because it also has DIY for your own stuffy and goes into detail about the type of stitches. 

This story is about a boy named Clark and he is 11. He is obsessed with his stuffed animals and it drives his mother crazy. She is constantly complaining about how he needs to grow up and get rid of them. His older sister tries to help him sometimes and his grandmother who is battling cancer continues to bring him little stuffed animals and homemade stuffies. One day, his father is acting really strange and lethargic. Clark doesn't know what is going on. His mother sets Clark up on a playdate with another boy who seems "normal". Little does Clark's mom know is that the boy, D.A., is into stuffed animals too. He is very impressed with Clarks collection and says that his stuffy army is amazing. This is when Clark learns about the monsters that the stuffed animals fight at night and what is actually happening to Clark's dad.

I really enjoyed this book. I ended up giving this a 4 out of 5. I really hated the mom and how she treated Clark and how she almost destroyed his childhood. The grandmother got major brownie points from me because she didn't give a rats ass about how the mom felt and she made Foon. (Foon is the stuffy on the book cover)

I will be picking up the sequel soon or during the Buzzword challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...