My second choice for the Buzzword reading challenge for this month and I did not enjoy my time reading it. I was bored, but it did make me want to research and find out more on women and their roles during the civil war. This is about a woman named Constance who leaves her husband to go fight with the Union Army during the civil war. She becomes a "household" name throughout the regiments because as she is pretending to be a man, she is gallant. Known as Gallant Ash, she helps women along the way and she gets herself out of messy situations.
Eventually she gets captured and sent to a madhouse where her Colonel finds out that she is indeed a woman and she somehow finds her way out. While reading this, I just did not care at all about any of the characters. I was bored with how she was missing her husband Bartholomew.
The ending was a total shock and I did not like it. I think the author just wanted a shock factor after writing this boring ass book that even he was like, "ok, need something spontaneous because I wasted so much time on this boring shit, the end will make it ok."
No comments:
Post a Comment