Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Review: Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman


 Back in July, I watched Long Way Round on Apple TV. I found out about this series through one of my favorite youtubers and her and her husband was watching the series that came out last year called Long Way Up. I binged Long Way Up in 3 days. It was that addicting. I was fascinated by the journey and the route that Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman were going to take and it gave me the travel bug for sure. I knew I needed to read the book after watching the show. That is one of my favorite things to do after watching a travel documentary or TV show, because the book contains more information and has more on the personality and tensions and emotions that are sometimes cut out because who wants to watch someone completely miserable for 45 minutes and not see any exciting stuff. 

When I was watching the show, I was really bored with the beginning because it was mostly about the bikes and the survival course and test driving. The beginning of the book really gripped me because it went into detail of the thought process and their feelings and the mindset while prepping for the journey. This was a page turner because we got to see what they saw on the show, but in the book, they go into detail about how they were feeling. What they were thinking at that moment. How they were homesick just down the road from the start line. The interactions they had with the locals. 

While reading this, I seriously wanted to re-watch this. It is so damn addicting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...