Monday, September 27, 2021

Review: The House of Hades by Rick Riordan


 I have finally read this dang book. I read the third book The Mark of Athena LAST YEAR!! It does not feel like it because I can remember it so vividly. I had high expectations for this one because the cliffhanger had me shook. I needed to know what the hell happened the Percy and Annabeth.

We are following the seven Roman and Greek demigods who are on a quest together to keep the Earth Mother Gaea from rising and letting all of the monsters loose on the world. The kids who didn't have a main test to master in the third book, had their own in this one. Frank had to prove himself to his Roman counterpart father Mars. He also had both of his dad's personalities warring in his head and driving him bonkers. 

I have a new ship with Leo and Calypso. I am hoping that Leo somehow makes it back to the island and rescues her. I was so heartbroken about Damasen not believing that he could change his fate. Bob and small Bob were my absolute favorite parts to read. I about shed a tear when he told Percy that he said hello to the stars. 

I enjoyed reading about the quest outside of Tartarus, but most of the Percy and Annabeth chapters were really repetitive and boring. They were basically inside a huge monster and it was hell but it was the same thing over and over again. The one thing I am most looking forward to in the Blood of Olympus is Coach hedge reuniting with his family at Camp Half Blood.

I am ready to pick up the fifth and final book in this series. I am not going to wait as long to pick it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...