Monday, November 15, 2021

Review: Legends of the Lost Causes by Brad McLelland & Louis Sylvester


 I would describe this book as a body snatching zombie middle grade western, because that is what this is. I surprisingly had a fun time reading this. I couldn't put it down. I am not a big fan of westerns, but the dialect and the setting and the "quest" made it a quick read for me.

We follow two boys named Keech and Sam. They are orphans who live at an orphanage for Lost Cause. They learn life lessons from their Pa who is the owner of the orphanage. One day the two boys are in the woods when a strange traveler appears looking for two men. One of the men is their Pa and they get the gut feeling that he is not a good dude at all. They give him the run around and hurry home to tell their pa who is instantly shook and starts taking precautions. 

The boys get sent to the next town to deliver a telegram and they find a mad man shooting up the telegram machine and the mad man is one that the sheriff's notices as a guy that he killed months ago. They then realize that these weird dudes have no souls and they have risen from the dead.

I received this series last year for a blog tour. I am kicking myself for not reading this series straight away because I really enjoyed the story and can't wait to pick up the sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...