The first book I completed for my spell the month in books TBR. I got this book in an Owlcrate way back in the day. This was also very hyped on Booktube because the publisher was a booktuber first. This is the first in a dystopian trilogy.
We follow a girl named Phoenix who is trying to survive outside these walls of a sanctuary. She had to hide from the five tribes who run the place. She also wants revenge on the tribe The Ravagers, who killed her father and raped and killed her mother in front of her while she was a child and was hiding in a storm drain. One night while going to one of her many safe houses, she hears a tribe hunting and sees a little girl running away. It gets her attention because the tribes rarely hunt during the night. She saves the little girl and ends up stabbing one of the Ravagers in the eye before being knocked out.
She wakes up in a facility where she learns that she is being held as a criminal because her parents escaped and caused the deaths of many people. While being held captive, she grows closer to the little girl she saved and grows close to a boy and she has conflicting feelings about getting to close to anyone because she has been on her own for so long.
I saw so many similarities of The Hunger Games and Divergent. Down to the people and familiar phrases characters said to their exact same counterparts. I wish that this story could have been more original, but I will be picking up the sequel next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment