My third book in the books for Animal Kingdom for the Magical Hopathon. I am way behind on this readathon. I am still on the first park and I wanted to be in the third park this week. I am hoping to get through with my second park quickly since I only have 2 books for that park. *side note, I am writing this post on October 19th, the day I finished this book. So when this goes up, I have no idea where I will have finished the Magical Hopathon at.*
Anyways, I did have this for my entrance ticket to Animal Kingdom because the prompt was nature. I ended up finishing it for the prompt Instagram worthy book because under the dusk jacket, the hardback is flowers and bugs and butterflies and it is absolutely beautiful.
Going into this book, I knew that the main character was known as an Ever witch which means that she has the power of all four seasons, where a regular witch only has one season and when that season occurs, that is when their powers are strongest. Clara has been struggling to control her power since she found out she was an Ever. She also hates her power because it kills whoever she is closest too when it gets released. Throughout the book, she is constantly reminded that the deaths of her parents and best friend Nikki are not her fault, and that is was just accidental.
When the magic was being described every time she used it, the author seemed to word vomit all of the words to describe it and how it felt and how it was seen. It was very annoying and it was too much. This also had a romance that seemed to take over. This book is pitched as Practical Magic meets Twister. I did not see any elements of Twister besides all of the freak weather phenomenon that wasn't supposed to happen. There are multiple occasion where the same phrase is used where the witches are blaming the shaders for creating this mess with global warming and climate change.
I was also not expecting a lot of sex scenes. The don't go into detail of the act but the lead up and the aftermath. It happens not once, twice or three times, but 4 separate times. While reading, this was a very fast paced book but it still took me 6 days to read it because I just wanted to take my time and immerse myself into the story. I ended up giving this book a 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment