Thursday, November 10, 2022

Review: Lore Olympus Volume 2 by Rachel Smythe *SPOILERS*

 


My library FINALLY got their copies of volume 2 of this amazing webtoon series and I am obsessed. I have read the webtoon, but it doesn't count towards my goodreads and the enjoyment just hits different when I have the big ass book in my hands. The colors are way more vibrant and the smooth pages just give me a boost of happiness.

This volume is comprised of episodes 26-49. The book starts off with a late night phone call between Persephone and Hades and their is emotion and crying on Persephone's part. I remember my feelings the first time I read this episode because I was so pissed at Hades for calling her out for being melancholic and probably crying all the time. I would get just as upset as well because if I was melancholic all the time, I wouldn't want it thrown back in my face. Like no shit, I know I am upset.

The scene between Zeus and Hera was funny. Hera was pushing Zeus' buttons and he was trying to scare her and but she was not taking his shit and she keeps on running of at the mouth and being the badass she is. 

I am obsessed with Hecate basically calling Hades out for not being discreet and telling him about Persephone's real age and that they have been pen pals. Hades acts like a creepy teenager himself when he asks to read the letters and wondering if her handwriting is nice. 

Reading about a teenage Persephone is a little grating and cringy at times. Especially when she doesn't know anything about technology or how to set up her voicemail. Demeter never letting her have a phone or do anything remotely social is just inhumane and socially neglectful.

Apollo being a real asshole gave me the creepy crawlies and trying to control her in the car... I wanted to run away as fast as I could. Minthe sending Persephone to Tartarus is bitch level 100. 

I give this 4 out of 5 stars. I got really annoyed with how Persephone just amped up the whiny teenage girl attitude and constantly going my mom this and my mom that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...