Sunday, November 20, 2022

Thanksgiving Week// Sunday Post #43

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from 
The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

The week that I look forward to all year is finally here. Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday right after Halloween. I love the anticipation that it brings. My kids look forward to all of the food my husband and I cook. Actually, the grilled turkey is the highlight every year. If you have never had grilled turkey, a whole grilled turkey you don't know what you are missing. It is the most delicious thing on the planet. While cooking, we always watch movies. The past two years it has been Marvel. 

Speaking of Marvel, last week's post was non existent because my family and I went to the drive in to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and when I say I was emotionally dead, I mean it. I expected to cry maybe once or twice, but I was crying in the first 3 minutes with T'Challa's/Chadwick Boseman's funeral and then all the way to damn post credit scene. Black Panther is my absolute favorite superhero of the MCU and this movie just took my heart and stomped on it. 

Question of the week: who is your favorite hero from Marvel or DC? If you don't have a favorite, who is your favorite actor/actress? Mine is Black Panther from Marvel and Batman from DC.


My plans for Monday- Wednesday is to focus mainly on getting as much school work done with my kids and finish projects that they are in the middle of and clean my house and outdoor area. I also want to get through some more books. As of writing this, I just finished my 6th book of the month and it was good. It was about vikings and Norse myths. My review will be up tomorrow. 


It has two more books in the series and I have had this book for 7 years. It came out in 2015 and I finally had enough interest in it because my kids just got done learning about the vikings in the history course. 

The next book I am planning on starting before the end of the day is a book that I got from Netgalley and have had in the back of my mind since it was available as an ARC.


As I am looking at the rest of my November TBR, most of the books I want to read are spooky, so yes I am still in the sppoky book mood. I am not really a big Christmas book reader. I will read middle grade Christmas books to my kids, but myself... not really.

What are ya'll going to be reading and watching this week. What are ya'lls' plans for Thanksgiving. If you are not in the states or just don't celebrate the holiday, I hope you have a great week.

11 comments:

  1. I've never had a grilled turkey but you've got me seriously curious now! I'm not really a big Christmas book reader either but am trying to decide on a Christmas book for our read aloud book with my son. I'm torn between going for a classic (A Christmas Carol) or being a bit different (Greenglass House by Kate Milford). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it. its really common and easy to do. tastes way better than roasted. I am going to be reading the Matt Haig christmas books this year. We read A Boy Called Christmas last year and loved it, so we are going to be reading book 2 and book 2.5 or 1.5.

      Delete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving! My favorite superhero is a tie between Superman and Wonder Woman. Spider-man is my favorite from Marvel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. superman is awesome. my 13 year is obsessed with Wonder Woman and she is watching the TV show with Lynda Carter.

      Delete
  3. I’m not sure I have a favourite per se, actually probably Tom Holland as Spider-Man, I really like him in role. I also like Chris Hemsworth for the eye candy ;)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween is my favorite too, and I carry on the spooky reads as well through Christmas at times. I mean, they did used to tell ghost stories at Christmas so who am I to buck tradition?

    I also homeschool and find myself picking up books for myself that mirror what we have covered in school. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always keen for a spooky read, but I try to safe them up for October every year!

    I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and make lots of new memories.

    Marvel - hmmmm... No I'm not all that big on them. Captain America probably?

    Have a good week ahead and enjoy all your spooky reads.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Groot is my favorite Marvel hero. 😊 I have not seen the new Black Panther movie.

    https://hibernatorslibrary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you'll have a great Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate it here.. but I'm enjoying the photos on instagram every year.
    I've always had a thing for Superman especially since Henry Cavill is playing him!
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite Marvel super heroes would be The Guardians of the Galaxy. I been watching Cowboy Bebop recently and rag tag crew remains me of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Plus both have awesome music I can listen to all day long.
    Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen any Marvel movies yet. I keep planning to...

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...