I have given the first four books in this series a 3-4 stars and they were ok. This one had to be the best one so far in my opinion. I don't know why this one gripped me the way it did but I just did not want to put it down. The governor is finally gone and the Town of Woodbury is slowing becoming a peaceful place to live through the zombie era or end of the world. This book introduces a new villian and his flock. The new characters that were introduced in this are all religious, so there was A LOT of preachin' and raising hallelujah and blessing the Good Dude upstairs. I am not religious. I am agnostic and when I read anything that has heavy religious content, I get super uncomfortable and roll my eyes. I did get a little annoyed with the amount of sermons that was in this but it was part of the character and it just gave him more of that ick feeling.
I ended up giving this a 4 out of 5 stars and I wanted to go straight into the 6th book. I highly recommend this series if you like The Walking Dead. Especially if you are feeling sad about the show ending and this would tide you over until the spin off shows air.

No comments:
Post a Comment