It is Thanksgiving week and I am excited for Thursday. I am ready to get cooking and grilling. If you have not read my Sunday Post, I mention that grilled turkey is the best thing on Earth besides books. Which is what this post is about. I feel that libraries don't get a lot of love and I have bashed my library system a few times because for hyped books that will only have 1-2 to share between 10 different libraries in my county and the checkout is 3 weeks at a time.
But in my small little town, I absolutely love my towns library. The librarians in there know me and my family by name. When my holds come in, they make the phone call and it feels like I am talking to a friend.
So for my list, I am going to be sharing my 10 most recent library books. I am thankful for them because I didn't have to wait for any holds and there was more than 2 in circulation.











I work at my local library and i love to see people's library haul's. Look's like you got some interesting books. I don't think I've read any of these though.
ReplyDeleteHere's my post:
https://mysteriesbymoonlight.com/10-golden-age-detective-novelists/
Such a diverse library haul! While I don't use my library as much as I used to, several of the staff know me and ask how my kids are. They are so amazed when they see how much they've grown!
ReplyDeletePam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/a-feast-of-food-related-books/
You can and must be very thankful and grateful for you local libraries. Here in SA, there are a large number of towns with no functioning libraries. Like my hometown. I run the school library, but that's also nothing by donations and no support from any government site or whatever. So please enjoy them for my part!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your thanksgiving and your roast!
Elza Reads
I love libraries. I have so many libraries near me. My local one is a 15 min walk away.
ReplyDeleteA great post!
Have a great Thanksgiving week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-thankful-freebie/
I miss the days that I lived somewhere with a library. Having access to one is definitely something to be thankful for! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week :)
ReplyDeleteAww, this is a sweet list. I bash my library because the waitlists for popular books are 6 months long, but I love the place and don't know what I'd do without it.
ReplyDeleteI love it when there's no wait at the library! Good sounding list, too.
ReplyDeleteHere is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
Wow, you really must live in a small town if the librarians know you by name AND call you when your holds are in! Nice. I don't even get an email when mine come in - I have to check the library's website. I love that small-town service.
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT!
Libraries are the best! When we were kids, my dad would take me and my sister to the library every week and I would always come out with a stackful of books :)
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-395/
Libraries are wonderful things to be thankful for. You got some great books from yours.
ReplyDeleteI have not been in a library since we lived in Florida and that was in 2011.
ReplyDelete