Thursday, September 14, 2023

Review: Suspicious Minds by Gwenda Bond

 


My daughter has been interested in watching Stranger Things and this summer we finally watched the first season. It was a re-watch for me. She is obsessed and I told her there were books and she was estatic. Sadly she lost interest in the books and she just wants to watch season 2 already. I have only seen the first episode of season 2 and never continued. After reading this I am even more excited to get into the next season.

This is more like a prequel of how Dr. Martin Brenner started the Hawkins lab and his experiments. It all starts in the late 60's during the height of the Vietnam War. Our main character is Terry Ives who was a character in the first season. Her roomate ends up signing up for this experiment for a little extra cash and after one session she is over it because of the drugs given. Terry ends up taking her place and befriending the rest of the group.

Dr. Brenner is over her experiment and things just keep getting weirder and weirder. Terry and the rest of the subjects band together to try to figure out what is really going on and why are there children in the facility. We got background on where Eleven comes from and happens. There is alot of Lord of the Rings love in this book.

The second book is all about Hopper and I think his daughter and it is written by a completely different author. I am going to have to check out Gwenda Bond's backlist titles because her writing style kept me interested and possibly peaked my interest again for season 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...