This weeks topic is books that defied expectations. To make it easier on myself, I chose books that I have read solely this year. I had a lot of expectations for this books because of hype or they are classics. These books have contributed to my reading slump this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...











Hmm... On Lore Olympus, I loved the art style - the blues versus the pinks. But then, after a couple of installments, I admit the story did get a bit stale.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way about Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHere is my Top Ten Tuesday post.
I enjoyed the first volume of Lore Olympus. I need to catch up. Agreed on A Little Life. Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.com/2023/09/05/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-defied-my-expectations/
ReplyDeleteBummer that these were so disappointing for you. I haven't read any of them, although I was scarred for life after watching the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie. Ha ha.
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT!
I've only read volume one of Lore Olympus. I enjoyed it, but I can see how it may get tedious after a while.
ReplyDeletePam @ Read! Bake! Create!
https://readbakecreate.com/books-ive-stopped-reading-recent-reads/
I DNF'd Zevin's book. It wasn't for me. Most people seem to love it.
ReplyDelete