I have had this book on my TBR for years and thanks to Netgalley, I finally picked it up and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. I was not expecting it to be so wholesome, cute, funny, sad, and angering. It did hit a sore spot for me and my girls. The main character's name is Marjorie and that is my husband's grandmother's name, my girls GG.
Anyways this graphic novel starts with a list of things Marjorie hates. Laundry and ghosts are tied for first on her list. She lives above a laundromat with her little brother and dad. Her mom was the owner of the laundromat and she has recently passed. Marjorie is a loner and quiet at school. She has to deal with rude ass customers and there is one man named Mr. Saubertuck. He is obsessed with having a 5 star yoga and meditation retreat and he is trying to sabotage the laundromats business.
The ghostie in this story is a young boy named Wendell. He is in the land of the ghost and he is pretty much a story teller. He tells different stories of how he died, but there is some truth in them. I won't spoil it but the land of the ghosts are a hilarious bunch.
Eventually the two meet which is againt the rules for Ghosts and Wendell refuses to leave Marjorie while she is grieving and dealing with peer pressure and harassment from Saubertuck.
I immediately requested the sequel and the newest book that just came out from my library. I need more of Wendell and Marjorie. I want more of the Land of Ghosts.

No comments:
Post a Comment