Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Week Where I Get a Cold// Sunday Post #60

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from 
The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I had the best intentions going into this week. I had the best mindset that I was going to have a great work week and a productive homeschool week. Everything was going to plan on Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday morning, I woke up with the roof of my mouth and back of my nose itchy and sore. I figured that I was sleeping really good and had my mouth open. Well, everything started going down hill when I started sneezing constantly and my eyes started hurting.

Bedtime on Wednesday couldn't come fast enough and Thursday didn't go much better. I slept horribly and I got the bare minimum of my work done and my girls homeschool, they got a few things done without my help but other than that... nope.  

Friday was a little better. I got some much needed house work done and got some work done. I still babysat all week, but my oldest sat with them while I stayed in another room until their mom came. Thankfully my kids and husband haven't caught what I have. They were sick a couple weeks ago and I never got it, so what ever they had decided to hit me while at my best.

My reading update is that I am still listening to the bind up of Oscar Wilde plays. I wanted to be done by Wednesday but just couldn't get the energy to listen to anything or focus. 

Saturday night we had a family night where we went to the drive in to the The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Ya'll, I am OBSESSED with The Hunger Games. I love the books and the movies. I spent a whole year reading nothing BUT Hunger Games fanfiction. So this movie was my most anticipated movie of the year and I LOVED every second of it. After, my oldest became so excited to read the book and I was almost like a interviewee because they were asking me so many questions and tying it all together for them. 

Our drive in does double features on all three screens, so the second movie to show after Ballad was of course the first movie, The Hunger Games. It was such an amazing night last night. Despite being sick still. I am just over the freaking moon and want to go back next weekend for their final weekend for 2023. Just hopefully that they will put The Marvels on the same screen so it can be worth the 50 bucks it cost for us to go. 

We went to a library book sale yesterday as well. Sadly it wasn't that great and my daughters actually said that they liked the book sale at our little small town library and not the main county one. We got there right when they opened and they were so crowded, and didn't have a good selection. Plus the people running it were hovering over everyone. It was annoying. 

I will share the books I bought next week.

Have a good week everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Hunger Games movie so much. I'll catch it at some point, but I'm not really a fan of the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better!

    http://romantasylife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son saw the Ballad last night and enjoyed it, I plan to watch it soon.

    Wishing you a great reading week, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to see the new movie tomorrow! Can't wait! I loved the original book series, but never got around to reading this one. I hope you get to feeling better this week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad The Hunger Games movie is good. I'm excited for it. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed the movie and I hope you are all done being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A drive in movie! How fun! I miss those...laying on the roof of the station wagon.

    So sorry you're sick and hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...