Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Review: Spy Family Volume 4 by Tatsuya Endo *SPOILERS*

 


All about dogs. The cover is a major spoiler for this since it was revealed at the end of volume 3 that Anya wanted a dog as her reward for getting a Stella Star. They start off by going to pet stores and Anya wanting a small dog because Yor can't keep her thoughts quiet. She thinks that every big dog is dangerous and will eat Anya. 

Lois gets called away on a mission, so he makes the excuse that every man makes when something comes up. He has to go poop. Apparently he is in there a while, when he is really trying to find a group of terrorist who are using dogs as bombs. Anya sees something that she shouldn't and gets kidnapped.

The white dog on the cover becomes her savior and he had abilities as well, but I won't spoil that bit. I did get a little upset because one of the bomb dogs was a German Shepherd and he was getting so mistreated and it also showed how the white dog gained his abilities and it was heartbreaking. It reminded me of Rocket Raccoon all over again. 

How the white dog gets his name also makes me emotional because the first cat that my husband gave me was a black kitten with white feet and I named her Socks. Her front paws looked like ankle socks and her back paws looked like knee high socks. 

This has to be my favorite volume so far because it caused me to be sad and angry while also being happy and laughing a ton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...