Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Thankful for Books

 


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! My second favorite holiday of the year. This week's topic is 10 reasons you are thankful for books. When I started thinking about this topic, it was very hard because I feel that I would have the same answers as almost everyone else. Such as 

1> Escape from reality

2> Enjoy creative new worlds

3> Expanding vocabulary

4> Wind down and relax

5> Continuously learning 


Some others that are relevant to me is

6> Connect with my daughters on favorite series... (My Hero Academia and Spy Family)

7> Discuss with my husband the differences between book to movie adaptations. ( my husband is not a reader)

8> Watch my daughters learn to love different styles and forms of reading. (Manga and audiobooks)


The last two are really personal to me and is something I mentioned in my Sunday Post. Back in 2014, I started reading fanfiction and it was the only thing I read for an entire year. so that leads to

9> Book fandoms where lifelong best friends are made

10> Fanfiction that someday become original works. 

I have two friends that I met through reading their fanfiction and they took their work and transformed it into their own with original characters and published it into books for the world to read and I could not be happier.

T

6 comments:

  1. I think the escape is one of the main reasons everyone is thankful for books!

    https://romantasylife.com/why-im-thankful-for-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it’s a nice one for you.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 6 really connected with me as it's similar to something I included in my post! I teach HS students, and I always love reading the books they love because it gives us something in common. I have read books I never would have touched (I read Twilight last month...TWILIGHT) without my students asking.


    https://novelisticpages.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 14yo daughter LOVES My Hero Academia. I'm not into manga, so I've never read the books. Maybe I should so that we can discuss them together. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! I agree that book fandoms are the best places to make lots of friends!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I should try fanfiction someday. I've never read any of it.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...