The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This post is being posted so late but at least it's up and I feel productive. I feel that I have to share my progress on my summer reading challenge because I posted my entire 24 book TBR in my top ten tuesday post last week and I am so excited to get to the books and update ya'll with my progress. If ya'll haven't read that post, go here.
I have finished a book off of that TBR and that was Gone With the Wind. It took me two weeks to read it and I have it a 3 out of 5 stars. I know the book is very problematic with the slavery and racism. But there is no denying that Scarlett O Hara was a badass. Of course she was the worst when it came to people and a decent human being but she took care of her business. She became a business woman and did not give a flying fuck who didn't approve, she refused to go hungry again.
After that I picked up my first Lucy Score book Pretend You're Mine and I read the whole book in a little over 24 hours. I was obsessed. I am a sucker for any military romance and if you have any recommendations, please leave them in the comments. I did not want to put this book down for any reason. My kids and husband were the biggest distractions and I let them know it. I told them that my responsibility of cooking was about to be nonexistent because I did not want to stop reading. I ended up cooking and going back to the book. I got laughed at but it showed my hubby that I was obsessed because the day I finished it, we went shopping and he bought me my own copy. Sadly books 2 and 3 were not in store.
Since finishing that, I have read a couple pages from my next read The Catcher in the Rye. And that leads us into the library haul. I have a stack of classics that I wanted to get to this month but Gone With the Wind took most of the month, and I wanted to have a good classic list update for my year 3 classic club challenge update. Anyways here are the books that I will be reading this week and next month.






No comments:
Post a Comment