Monday, June 10, 2024

Review: A Soldier's Revenge by Matthew Dunn

 



Continuing this series that I started mainly because I owned book 4. This is book 6 and the second to last book in the series and sadly this one was just not what I wanted. The end of book 5 had the best ending with Will Cochrans team being brutally murdered in their own homes, so I was expecting him to be getting his revenge for their deaths in this. Sadly that was not the case as this installment starts off with Will waking up in a hotel room bloody with a dead woman in the bath tub. His DN is everywhere and he goes on the run. 

We get POV's from detectives on the case, the guy who is behind the whole thing to get revenge on Cochran and we also get POVs from CIA who call Cochran a dog because he is no longer useful and that the government is his master who kicked him out into the cold. These chapters just rubbed me the wrong way because it is the perfect summarization of governments not giving a damn about the people who fight to protect us and when it comes time to protect them, they just get told no, you are not worth it.

I was also very pissed at Cochran because even after he knows that the murder has become public and that he is wanted, he is still showing his face in public and running. He just digs himself a bigger hole which just boggles my mind that he was this bad ass assassin and soldier that he would be making these dumbass decisions like taking hostages.

Also the whole New York scene at the end showing up in a chinese restaurant just to jump off a bridge to fake your own death was just dumb. I am hoping that book 7 is better and that this series will end off on a good note. I was going to read the two books that come before book three and book four, but this installment has made me lose interest and I am only interested in finishing this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...